Who We Are
AMSEC LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). Founded in 1981, AMSEC is a full-service supplier to the Department of Defense, Department of Transportation, various state and local agencies, and the commercial maritime industry. We are respected as an industry leader in technical services, admired for our people, strengthened by our partnerships and valued for our quality performance.
What We Do
AMSEC’s expertise includes marine engineering analyses and design services; naval architecture studies; shipyard industrial engineering; HM&E/C4I installation and support services; and waterfront systems modernization, testing, and maintenance. Our skill and knowledge span the spectrum of life-cycle integrated logistics services, including technical manual development, system provisioning and data management, maintenance engineering and planning, inventory and warehouse management, instructional system design, and end-to-end training solutions. AMSEC is a certified Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)-Level 3 provider of enterprise software design and development, network and database management, cybersecurity, web services, and system certification and accreditation.
Where We Are
Our Experienced Leadership
December 2, 2016 – Press Release, re: HII Completes Acquisition of Camber Corp. And Forms New Technical Solutions Division — Huntington Ingalls Industries announced today that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Camber Corporation and formed a new operating division, HII Technical Solutions. The new division will be led by Andy Green, who will serve as an executive vice president of HII and president of HII Technical Solutions, reporting directly to HII President and CEO Mike Petters. Read more…
October 5, 2016 – Press Release, re: HII Announces Promotion of Brad Mason to President of AMSEC. Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) announced today that Brad Mason has been promoted to a vice president of its Newport News Shipbuilding division and president of its AMSEC LLC subsidiary. Mason will succeed Harris Leonard who will retire at the end of the year after 31 years of service. Read more…
September 28, 2016 – Email to all AMSEC Employees, re: Employee Engagement Survey (Gallup). Stay engaged… we’re listening! All HII employees are encouraged to participate in the annual Gallup survey. Employees should have received an email with an Access Code. Codes are valid until the survey closes on October 12, 2016. If you need assistance, please contact Gallup Client Support at 1-800-788-9987. Support is available 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Take the Survey…
September 23, 2016 – Email to all AMSEC Employees, re: Today is a very special day! Thirty-five years ago today, September 23, 1981, AMSEC became a registered corporation. It was the beginning of something special, and to celebrate, we’ve launched our new AMSEC.com website! Read more…
AMSEC Facts at a Glance:
- Established in 1981
- Over 2,000 employees in more than 30 locations around the globe
- AMSEC deploys over 300 fly-away teams a year to locations all over the world
- Corporate and individual certifications: ISO 9001:2008, CMMI® for Development (CMMI®-Dev) Level 3, Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA), Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR), CISSP, PMI PMP, Security+, Ethical Hacker, MCITP-SA, Grace Hopper Government Technology Leadership Award winner
- Defense Security Service (DSS) James S. Cogswell Outstanding Industrial Security Achievement Award winner
- American Heart Association Gold Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
AMSEC’s vision is to be respected as an industry leader in technical services, and admired for our people, partnerships, and quality performance.
AMSEC employs professionals who are inspired to work together in support of our nation’s security. We deliver quality technical solutions with an unwavering focus on safety, cost, schedule, and the core values of our company.
Below you will find links to many of our capabilities, each summarized in an easily read and printable PDF format. Additionally, many of our summaries provide direct contact information to our business development team. Please select the documents surrounding your area of interest from the list below. We welcome your inquiries and the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.
- AMSEC Overview
- Maintenance and Modernization
- C4ISR Systems Support
- Expeditionary Warfare
- Integrated Maintenance Solutions
- Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Ship Design, and Construction Support
- Facility and Security Engineering
- Supply Support, Configuration Status Accounting, Asset Management
- Technical Documentation
- Information Technology and Data Management Solutions
- Training and Media Solutions
- Industrial Facilities
- Maintenance University – Maintenance and Material Management (3M) Certification
- Download or Print All Capabilities Brochures
Click here to visit our news section to read recent Newsletters, enter the HII Newsroom, or view the Event Calendar to see what’s happening right now at AMSEC.
Click here and we’ll help you find the correct professional at AMSEC.